- My name is Simisola Wuraola. Simisola means “Rest in Wealth” and Wuraola means “Precious Gold” in Yoruba. I go by the first 4 letters of each name “Simi Gold”.
- I’m Nigerian-American. I was born in Chicago Illinois, moved to London England and then to Lagos Nigeria. I later moved back to the States at age 16.
- I’m the first of two. My younger sister is British-Nigerian and resides in London.
- I have a Masters’ in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from SUNY Downstate Medical Center, and a Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience Biology from CUNY College of Staten Island.
- I’m a Clinical Scientist by profession and I currently work in the Pharmaceutical Industry, and no I do not work in a Clinical lab setting (I get that a lot lol). Not to bore you, I work in Translational Pharmacology Medicine which is pretty much Drug Discovery and Development. I get to investigate and study how a molecular compound works in the bloodstream of the human body to ensure safe and effective dosing of Investigational Medicinal Product, which overall improves clinical outcomes. I work on different therapeutic areas such as Infectious Diseases, Oncology, Cardiovascular and Neuroscience.
- I’m a Taurus, Yes a May baby. I love having my birthday in May: when Spring really comes alive, the flowers are blooming, the air is fresh and everyone’s always happy in May!
- My favorite colors are white and black. Well, they were.. until someone mentioned that those weren’t necessarily colors! So now I explore other colors such as yellow, blue, green, orange and beige. Luckily, these colors all work well with my style, I still get to stay true to my style and maintain a clean crisp look.
- I am 5ft8’. Although I look taller but that’s because I have a short torso and very long legs.
- I wear a size 10 US shoes (which is UK 8).
- I love drinking Tea. You will always see me with a cup of tea at work!
- I have a fear of driving on the Highway; I always feel I would get lost forever, hence I barely drive my car ( I blame it on living in New York City). I rather take the Metro, Uber or Taxi; have someone else be responsible for my life.
- I am absolutely crap at finding or giving directions, which is no surprise considering (#11).
- I have never finished reading a book. I always find an excuse for not reading, well minus textbooks required for coursework.
- I find it very hard to smile in pictures. When I try to smile I always have the weirdest facial expressions. I’m actually camera shy, especially recordings, 90% of the time I’m likely going to cover my face/roll my eyes or simply just look away.
- My Favorite shows are Game of Thrones (seen all 7 seasons 4 times), House of Cards, Breaking Bad and Homeland.
- Lastly, I created this blog because I have always loved fashion, I love clothes and I enjoy putting pieces together. Ultimately, this platform will be where I document and house the things that inspire me the most with the hopes that it can also inspire you as well.
So there you have it Lovelies.
Do you feel like you got to know me a bit more? Do we share any common attributes? I would love to hear about you too, so please leave a comment below.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did creating it!